[TenTec] RE: Antenna tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Antenna tuner
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 10:17:08 -0500
Ye, I think that I would rather install an "outside" antenna tuner
in the attic. One trick used in some military equipment is to seal
the enclosure with gaskets and have a schraeder valve on the case
to allow the entire enclosure to be pressurized with dry air,
or dry Nitrogen. This would be a bit of a "science project" for most of
us, though. Better to just keep the tuner inside and run low-loss line
like ladder line or good quality coax to the antenna.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF