[TenTec] OMNI VI to Herc II interface cable

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI to Herc II interface cable
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:22:42 -0800 (PST)
I know I've been here before asking, just figured out I didn't have what I
need.  I have the Herc II manual with a diagram of cabling to a "linear"
connector like on the Corsair I and Paragon.  However, the OMNI VI uses
the "interface" connector on the back (for RS-232 and...) for this
purpose.  Does anyone have information that would enable me to make a
cable?  I have the Herc II "linear" connector and pins here, would go and
buy the mate for the back of the OMNI VI.  Just need the pinout.

Someone sent me some photos before of a diagram but I am not where I can
view such files.  If these scans are the right ones, let me know and I'll
surely relax :-) .

On another note, I am using the Corsair II with the Herc II right now,
using the "tx en" and "tx out" connections to get full QSK with the amp.
Nice.  I think Jerry told me some of you guys have added an extra
bandswitch wafer somewhere inside the C II in order to send band
information to the Herc II?  Curious how this goes.

Still have the 220 filter for sale for you guys who still have the 4 pole
filter in your Argosy, Corsair I, or even your old Argonaut.  I almost
have my Herc II paid for!

Clark
WA3JPG