[TenTec] Re: open wire line

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: open wire line
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:26:42 -0500
I got my basics from the 1934 edition of the ARRL Antenna Handbook. Even
back then there was an entire chapter devoted to multiband antennas using
"tuned feeders". At the young age of 15, in 1964, I built that multiband
antenna as described which had a 100ft center fed flat top, 600 ohm line of
a specific length and built the tuner to match it all up. Maxwell and Kurt
Streba are nothing new. They just know how to entertain with enough sarcasm
to make boring topics interesting. I'm just glad I couldn't afford a "new"
antenna book in 1964. G5RV-Guffaw!
So now for some cw on my Omni-C.
Steve Ellington
N4LQ
->Don't forget.... Walt, W2DU is to ham radio antenna theory what Allan