[TenTec] a low vswr will kill you

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] a low vswr will kill you
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:18:14 -0500
Gentlemen:  Lets clear the air!  The most important point of this entire
discussion is that provided the antenna system (i.e. antenna and
transmission line) is tuned to resonance and a low loss feed line is used,
it is immaterial and insignificant that the antenna itself is not resonant.
This is because all of the power delivered to the antenna system by the
transmitter is radiated. ( Now don't come back to me and say I left out
copper losses and other silly, insignificant stuff.  I know that! ) - 73's-
Corn - k4own.