[TenTec] W9WBL paddle is the Brown Bros. paddle!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] W9WBL paddle is the Brown Bros. paddle!
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 09:40:56 -0500
I just went to the U.S. Patent Office web site and found the paddle that was
referred to by the patent number 3,757,045 and incorrectly called the W9WBL
paddle.  It was adverised and sold as the Brown Brothers Paddle.  The Patent is
dated Sept. 4, 1973.  The inventor was William F. Brown, 1570 Fairmont Ave.,
St. Louis, Mo. 63139.  Is it safe to assume that W9WBL was Mr. Brown's call?  I
wonder if he is still around?   The paddle was referred to in the patent as a
"Twin leaver Radio-Telegraph Key Unit".  The actual patent is five pages long
and quite detailed.  Anyway, while it may be a unique paddle and based on
owning both, I prefer the Vibroplex anyday to the Brown Broth. The Brown Bros.
is just too stiff. - 73's- Corn- k4own.