[TenTec] clear speach on CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] clear speach on CW
From: k6sdw@arrl.net (Eddy Avila)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 02:29:47 -0000
Bob......I have two of them, one on the Scout in the car which makes an
amazing difference!!!!

And one in the house on my Corsair II and I seldom need to use it......it
does work though on the Corsair, but I find that when I need it at the QTH
to pull out a really weak sig the station at the other end is also having
problems hearing me as well and sometimes is of little value because the dx
station can't hear me anyways!! I find with all the Corsair II tools using
headphones without the Clearspeech unit works just as well with no
introduced distortion!

I notice that the weaker the signal running thru the Clearspeech unit the
more gain I need to hear it and thus the more distortion it introduces which
sometimes makes it difficult to hear the signal clearly.

Another interesting note, because the Corsair II uses audio agc the
clearspeech dsp sometimes has some problem "syncing" to the noise...it's
kinda weird sounding but only happens with the Corsair.

73....../ed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>