[TenTec] INRAD Rx MOD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD Rx MOD
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 00:37:12 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, asfco wrote:

> is the INRAD Mod for the OMNI VI+  or only the VI  ?
>    What differences have been noticed after installation?

I (finally) installed the parts in my OMNI VI.  It is a very nice
difference, I noticed it right away.  I already had a pair of 2.8 filters
in the OMNI, and the difference is still substantial to my ears.

The parts placement is different for an older OMNI VI (like mine) as it is
on the top of the IF/AF board but the components are not hard to find from
the schematic.  Took about 20 minutes to take out the board, desolder 3
components and solder in replacements.  Heck, I sprayed a few connectors
with DeOxit while I was in there.

A nice change if you want to reduce SSB fatigue (I find narrow, tinny SSB
sounds quite fatiguing to my ears....)

Clark
WA3JPG