[TenTec] OMNI VI, simple audio mod from INRAD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI, simple audio mod from INRAD
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 22:13:42 -0800 (PST)
This is really nice.

Simple, easy, with good results.  I actually put it in, listened to it,
then put the old parts back in, listened to it, then put the mod back in
and listened to it.  It makes just the right amount of difference to ease
the fatigue for SSB and make voices sound more pleasant to my ears.

I am not sure the difference would be noticeable unless you have installed
the INRAD 2.8 filters.  You COULD install one 2.8 filter in the 9 MHz IF
and jumper the 1.8 position so that you can listen through there at 2.8,
kick the 1.8 position out and hear the 2.8 followed by the Ten Tec 2.4 and
you would have two useful bandwidths.  I do that so that I can listen
through a single 2.8 or both 2.8's.

All in all very worthwhile now that I have had a chance to listen to it.

Clark
WA3JPG