[TenTec] Pegasus Sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Sensitivity
From: hjohnc@core.com (hjohnc@core.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:03:11 -0600 (CST)
I've been off the air for about 6 years.? When it came time to get
back on, I bought a used Pegasus.? That was about 6
weeks ago.? It has been a wonderful rig.

Now I have a question on the sensitivity on the bands above 20
meters.? When operating CW I have to crank the
volume to the maximum to hear the weak ones just above the noise.? Is
this normal?

It could be:
- the rig lacks sensitivity - Is there an easy way to measure this?? I
don't have a signal generator,

- the audio amp is weak,

- my antenna, G5RV in the trees, doesn't pull in enough signal to
hear,

- or, my hearing is shot.

Just wondering what experience others have.

TIA es 73 de K8HJ
John