[TenTec] RF in audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF in audio
From: gaskoub@mhtc.net (George Skoubis)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:39:40 -0600
Phil,
  I had this problem with my Omni VI Opt 3 also (mostly 20 meters here).  I
put ferrite on audio in/out, power, and mic cords and it didn't go away.
After much trial and error I discovered the audio in/out jacks connecting my
rig to the computer were the problem, when I disconnected them the bad
signal reports went away.
  I installed audio isolators (just Radio Shack ones) in the line and have
had good luck on rtty but I haven't done any testing with SSB and the DVK
yet....

Good luck,

George / KF9YR