[TenTec] No more RF in the audio!!!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] No more RF in the audio!!!!
From: psikes@whidbey.net (Phil Sikes)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:52:54 -0800
Hello to the group and good news. The RF problem I was
experiencing has been vanquished. To summarize what I did to
correct this:

Re-wired the ground system for the Omni station
Replaced coax jumpers one at a time
Tried ferites on the mike cords
removed station accy's one at a time

What finally cured my problem was replacing the last coax jumper
in the setup. I can't see anything visually wrong with the soldered
connections but you can bet the barn that it will not be used again.
I suppose it could have been the length of the jumper that caused
the problem. The jumper was made of RG214 so I am pretty
surprised that it was the problem.

Thanks to all who replied and made suggestions, I appreciate the
input and it just goes to show how friendly and helpful most Ten
Tec owners are.

73 - Phil

N7UX - Whidbey Island, WA