[TenTec] Apples and Oranges?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Apples and Oranges?
From: cshinn@connect.net (cshinn)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:43:21 -0600
Has anyone in the group had a Jupiter next to an Omni 6+ on the same bench
at the same time doing a A/B during a big contest? I know what an Omni
sounds like with cascaded filters (500hz) I am primarily interested in just
how much you practically give away with a Jupiter. If the shape factors are
to be believed then paper results should be pretty similar.....but I have
never operated with DSP in an if strip and dont have any idea how much
blow-by or leakage is encountered. Also are the skirts soft or a brick
wall.....any inputs? Thanks in advance, Chuck W7MAP.