[TenTec] Omni V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V
From: cburk001@juno.com (Charles W BWW Burkhardt)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:42:55 -0600
Gentlemen: In regards to my query about loss of output power and receive
audio on my Omni V. I was about to send it off to Ten-Tec for service,
decided to take off the covers and push on the connectors. Re seating the
connectors on the top boards did nothing, but when I pushed on the  9 MHZ
IF board visible on the bottom, the receive audio came way up  and power
output on 28 MHz (and the other higher bands)  rose from very low to 100
watts out! Periodically the rig returns to its poor condition. Obviously
I could operate with the covers off, and the rig turned its side so I
could poke the board periodically when the power dropped off.  Has anyone
done a re solder job on this board, and could give me some idea where to
start.  It does not look like a simple job! TIA Charlie K0GPF