[TenTec] Re: Found out why no Ebay

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Found out why no Ebay
From: PeterMaus@worldnet.att.net (Peter Maus)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 15:42:32 -0600
> As I previously mentioned, I had bid on a Ten-Tec power supply on ebay.
> Since Friday, I haven't been able to access any of ebay's pages.
>
> A call to my ISP's tech service explained it.
> I'm using Earthlink/Mindspring/Pipeline (all part of Earthlink).
>
> For several days the Earthlink servers haven't been able to route to
> Ebay. This problem relates only to Ebay. The customer rep admitted that
> it seems like someone has filtered out Ebay, either by accident or due
> to a prank. So far, Earthlink's engineers haven't figured it out.
>
> Since Earthlink is the 2nd or 3rd largest ISP in the U.S.,
> it's got to be hurting Ebay.
>
> I know that this isn't strictly Ten-Tec related but thought some might
> be curious.
>
> 73,
> Doug

  Doug, I"m on ATT/Worldnet, and for the last week or so, I've been
able to connect to E-bay, but my terminal becomes very unstable
there. This only happens on e-Bay. Freeze-ups, crashes...happens
everytime. Your trouble may not be entirely with Earthlink.

  I don't know what's causing the problem at my terminal, but I do
get an error statement mentions something about a connection to
aol.ads everytime the problems occur.

  More likely, there's something going on at e-Bay. Your symptoms
and mine may not be due to problems with our respective ISP's at
all.