[TenTec] Johnson Antenna Tuners article in Electric Radio,March2001.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Johnson Antenna Tuners article in Electric Radio,March2001.
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:33:20 -0500
On this popular subject, Ialso  have used the EDZ antenna for some time.
First one was 178 ft cut for 40 meters. It worked very well on all bands 10
- 80 and loaded well on 160, though too low to be very effective. Actual
length is not at all critical.

I am currently using an 88 ft version cut for 20 meters, and it also works
well on 10 - 80. It is my "main" antenna for 40 meters and does an
outstanding job.

These antennas have been fed with about 40 ft of 450-ohm ladderline coupled
through a W2DU current balun as the transition from ladderline to coax into
the shack. An MFJ 989C tuner has performed flawlessly on all bands - but, I
never run more than 100 watts and quite frequently only 5 watts for QRP
operating events.

A 44 ft version should work well on 10-40 and afford the advantage of a
single pair of lobes on those bands.

72/73, George  W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county   EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437