[TenTec] T-Kit Model 1208 6m transverter and Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit Model 1208 6m transverter and Pegasus
From: kb2sgm@home.com (Bob Marsh)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:26:42 -0400
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who sent welcom emails and info on the Pegasus external
speaker.  I'm happy with the results I'm getting with the amplified speakers
using the headphone jack.

Is anyone using the Mod 1208 20m/6m transverter, and what problems (if any)
have you had getting it hooked  up .  According to Bob, W8BOB, the 6m
receive is very noisy (about S-9 background noise).  I don't know his
antenna setup, but he says his Alinco 6m radio is much quieter.

I'm just looking for a heads up on any potential problems with this
combination.  I've used the 1208 with my Argosy for a couple of years and
it's worked great.  (funny, I don't even miss my Kenwood 850!)

73 de Bob/KB2SGM