[TenTec] low mike audio - 556 scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] low mike audio - 556 scout
From: malonej@c2i2.com (Jack Malone)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:32:23 -0700
Hi Larry:
    I have a TT Jupiter & same problem with dynamic mics. They have much
less output than TT 701 & 705 as the TT 705 has a amp in base ( I believe).
My solutions was to increase the gain on the Jupiter Logic Board, R72 to max
gain (full CCW) and I now have plenty of gain for both dynamic & condenser
mics. I do not know if the 556 Scout has an adjustment or not internally,
but it's something I would investigate if I were you.
    By the way I do not run a Heil but run a Radio Shack Pro-301 studio mic
which is dynamic. The VOX operates much more smoothly with the dynamic mics.
With my 705 I could not get the setting between VOX gain and ANTI-VOX to
work, but now it works great with the RS mic. Also, the RS mic costs a lot
less than Heil. The RS mic has a response of 80Hz to 15,000Hz and I have not
run into any bad audio reports.
--
73's
Jack, W7EJJ