[TenTec] my 2 cents

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] my 2 cents
From: wa2tti@worldlynx.net (Jerry Harley)
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 21:02:05 -0400
No RF problem with mine.  I use it with an LDG tuner or with a Kenwood
AT180 tuner
that has a long wire connection.  I've run 100w on the long wire on 40m
no problem.  99% of my operating is 100w to a 3 element yagi, only for
rare DX do I run an Amp.

I'm getting the feeling that the problems are from those that are
running amplifiers all the time.  The only time I've ever created
(CREATED) RF problems is when I (I) was tuned up improperly (pushing it
to much).  Backing down and staying within the tube current limits and
the problem goes away.  Yes I can put out 1300w (Drake  L7 with
2-300Z's) or I can have 1000 clean watts that even stays out of my
cordless phone.   Jerry WA2TTI