[TenTec] New IF-DSP HF QRP transceiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New IF-DSP HF QRP transceiver
From: ke5c@hot.rr.com (John, KE5C)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:17:52 -0500
> We are ACTIVELY SOLICITING your commentary for this new
> transceiver.  As this unit will be another software-defined transceiver

Before long I am going to buy a K2, and this announcement won't change that.
I haven't used a Pegasus/Jupiter, but I have used an Iom 756PRO.  This
reflector has been down the IF/DSP versus conventional filtering road
before, and I'll stay on the conventional filtering road until there's a
major breakthrough in IF/DSP's overall performance.  I can't think of a K2
owner who didn't first tell me what a great receiver it has with only the
Omni being close, so I can't help but think that is also a very important
issue with QRP ops, so your receiver, IF/DSP or not, better perform well if
you want to compete.

73, de ke5c, op john