[TenTec] INRAD 2.8's and RX Mod?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD 2.8's and RX Mod?
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:02:34 -0400
It might be worth noting that compared to other TenTec rigs (e.g. Corsair)
it is particularly difficult to coax wider audio bandwith out of the the
Omni VI+'s receiver in ssb.  Several folks have speculated that this is due
to the notch filter and dsp IC's lying in the signal path fulltime in the
Omni VI+.  The 2.8 filters and component replacement certainly help, but the
rcv audio on ssb will still be a bit restricted.  Whereas fitting a Corsair
with 2.8 filters and proper alignment will yield a rcv audio bandwith of
2.7Khz or so (e.g. see http://www.albany.net/~bg/Audio/Corsairspectra.htm),
you won't get anywhere near this rcv audio bandwith on an Omni VI+.  The
Omni VI+'s excellent transmit audio evidently has no such limitation.

GL/73,

Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg

To: <tentec@contesting.com>