[TenTec] Future of Radio (Was) ARRL product review test change

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Future of Radio (Was) ARRL product review test change
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:36:00 -0500
While "some" radios do use 12-15 KHz for IF-DSP, others now use 36-40 KHz
and do a much better job, in addition to using 32-bit processing and 24-bit
ad/da conversions.

But you are correct: when DSP processing is effective at "conventional"
IF's of around 455 KHz and above, we should expect to see much better
performance in many areas.

Faster, but affordable, processors appear to be the key . . .

72/73, George  W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county   EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437