[TenTec] Viewing the 6 meter band

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Viewing the 6 meter band
From: grix@teleport.com (Lee Grimes)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:43:01 -0700
I read yesterday that one Tentec'er was using a pair of Pegasai to 1.monitor
the band with the bandscope and 2.followup any acitivity seen on the
bandscope with the other Peggi.  I do something similar.  I use an Icom 796
on 6 meters.  I use a Kenwood TS-830 with a Ten Tec T-kit 6 meter receive
converter bolstered by the T-kit preamp.  The 830 is connected to an SM-220
scope with panadapter.  I use a good antenna switch to change the 5 element
beam between the 706 and 830.  I can see the band on the scope 75 kc above
and below the 50.125 calling freq.  If a blip happens, note the freq, switch
ant to the 706, zoom in and call if I wish.  The T-kits work very well.  Fun
to use in this manner...Lee K7INU