[TenTec] 585 Paragon for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 585 Paragon for sale
From: kc4ee@hiwaay.net (JC Quinn)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 19:08:53 -0500
I've got Jupiter fever and the xyl says something must go before anything
else comes.  So, I've decided to sell my Paragon 585. (aka Paragon I)
This Paragon is loaded with all TenTec options, it has the voice board,
RS232 board, FM Board, Filters include .25, .50, 1.8, and 2.4.  The only
thing that it doesn't have is a Geihl chip.
This radio was serviced at TenTec in Sept. 2000, some diodes on the low pas
filter board were replaced along with a driver transformer.  At this time it
was checked for alignment and all functions were checked.  Receipts from
TenTec included.  It has seen little use since.  It is fairly clean, without
any scratches.  All lettering is intact with no rubbed places.  The only
cosmetic problem is that a previous owner for some reason drilled 4 small
holes in the lower case shell on the right hand side.  They are small and
don't detract too much from the looks but they are there.  Possibly the
lower case is still available from TenTec if they are bothersome.
TenTec gets $895 for a 585 Paragon without options,  I am asking $825 plus
shipping for the Paragon.  I have the matching 961 power supply in similar
condition, I will take $925 for the rig and PS,  I will not sell the PS
separately.  I will have pictures available by the 4th if anyone is
interested. Thanks for reading!