[TenTec] Omni V for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V for sale
From: SEWATKINS@dgs.state.va.us (Sherrill WATKINS)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:20:30 -0400
While the  exact reason for the prohibition against auction notices was not
explained,  I agree with the administrator's decision to prohibit posting any
exact or specific reference or direct link to any commercial auction on this
board.  Posting an exact notice or direct link to a specific commercial auction
could entangle the administrator of this board in very nasty and unpleasant
legal problems.  Also, this board would become a free source of junk
advertising for no telling how many commercial activities. -    thank's- Corn-
k4own

>>> Jim Lowman <jmlowman@directvinternet.com> 08/21/01 09:34PM >>>
"John, ke5c" wrote:

> > "defacto standard on-line auction house" and can it be seen here:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1267292708
>
> >From time to time messages surface addressing what topics are appreciated by
> this discussion group, or at least most of its members.  Sometimes these
> messages provoke comment, sometimes even passionate comment.  Thankfully
> (IMHO) we don't see much (any?) eBay reposting here, and I HOPE IT STAYS THAT
> WAY!  Of course, that is really up to the discretion of the newsgroup
> administrator, and I will defer to Jim's judgement on this.

FYI - ANY reference to an auction is expressly forbidden on this list.  There
were filters to weed this out under Majordomo, but now I guess I'll have to
see how to do so with the new Mailman software.

I don't want to put this list on full moderation, but will if necessary.

73 de Jim - AD6CW
tentec@contesting.com Listadmin