[TenTec] Weighty problem.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Weighty problem.
From: wb8yqj@yahoo.com (Don Rasmussen)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,

I love the smooth tuning of the stock weighted knob on
the OMNI 6+. But lately my knob won't stay put!

I have the drag turned off, and when the fingerhole
stops at about 8 oclock, it always slides down to 7
oclock after I let loose of it.

I think this is because the knob is weighted and not
balanced properly. Does anyone know of a good way to
balance out a knob? I've added some friction using the
knob collar and that helps but it seems that a
properly balanced knob would not need the extra drag
and might freewheel nicely.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6