[TenTec] ( For sale) Ameritron ALS 600

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ( For sale) Ameritron ALS 600
From: w4wbt@fmci.net (Bill Taylor(W4WBT))
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:51:17 -0400
Getting one of the Tentec new amps. This solid state amp is Great. It
is "no tune" and will output full power when driven with my Jupiter (
or any 60 to 100 watt unit). Measured output on 40 meters was 625
Watts PP. It is quiet and does not appear to have a problem with a
tuner on either the input or the output. I can tune my antenna with
the tentec 238a with the peagus and then switch on the amp and both
the amp and peagus still see a good swr. This unit is about 6 months
old and was bought new from HRO.
The amp come with a matching 30 volt power supply and operates on 110
or 220(110 fine).
UPS ground shipping is $60.00 in CONUS (units are heavy).
I prefer not  to box and ship and can deliver to shelby hamfest in
the back of my van(parking lot) on Saturday. However will ship for
the $60.00 mentioned above. best price is about $1150 for the two new
and I am asking 795.
Thanks for reading
Bill Taylor
W4WBT