[TenTec] CW Practice Again

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW Practice Again
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:54:52 -1000
Hi,

For those of you practicing/teaching CW:

I plan to begin my CW practice sessions again on Monday, 1st.
I suspended them after Sept.  11th.

Transceiver will be a Ten Tec Omni VI+ with the 2.8 kHz
Inrad 754 filter in the transmit chain.  Will also have
a linear in line.

I have had many requests to do these practice sessions
on 20 meters SSB area as I have done for Hawaii on 40 only.

I can then give oral instructions/comments/read backs of what
has been sent to my "students". Tentative plan is to begin at
0030 UTC up near the top of the band,  14340 up someplace clear.
Then,  I will repeat all again at 0500 UTC on 40 meters for
Hawaii and US West Coast areas at 7088 (which is
within an available SSB segment out here in KH6 land).
For now plan 5 days per week,  not sure about weekends.
That's starting 8:30 pm,  EDT.

Only 25 minutes or so;  only character recognition at various
speeds,  and,  if time,  two letter words.  Will be sent at
increasing speeds.  As weeks go by,  will add other.

73,  Jim  KH7M