[TenTec] Paragon: filter blow by

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon: filter blow by
From: DK2GZ@aol.com (DK2GZ@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 16:27:02 EDT
--part1_8a.bfbb8ee.28c3f016_boundary

Hello again,

thanks again for all the replies of my last question.
This is a fantastic reflector.

After testing the Paragon side by side with my OMNI 6+
I noticed much more filter blow by on the PARAGON RX.

I have 500 and 250 Hz filter in the Paragon and 2 times
500 and 250 Hz filters in the OMNI 6+.(both IF)

I know in the Paragon the cw-filters only in the 2. IF.

On the Paragon I can here the signals mostly 3 Khz up again, or when listen
to a pile up with split operation I can
hear the stations calling up 1 or 1,5 khz a little on the qrg
of the DX-station.

I there so much difference beetween an OMNI and a PARAGON in filter blow by?
The filter blow by seemed to be more on the 250 HZ filter
on the PARAGON.

Did not try the OMNI 6+ filters(2. IF) in the Paragon yet.

Using in both the stock TenTec filters, no INRAD filters.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

--part1_8a.bfbb8ee.28c3f016_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello again,
<BR>
<BR>thanks again for all the replies of my last question.
<BR>This is a fantastic reflector.
<BR>
<BR>After testing the Paragon side by side with my OMNI 6+
<BR>I noticed much more filter blow by on the PARAGON RX.
<BR>
<BR>I have 500 and 250 Hz filter in the Paragon and 2 times
<BR>500 and 250 Hz filters in the OMNI 6+.(both IF)
<BR>
<BR>I know in the Paragon the cw-filters only in the 2. IF.
<BR>
<BR>On the Paragon I can here the signals mostly 3 Khz up again, or when listen
<BR>to a pile up with split operation I can
<BR>hear the stations calling up 1 or 1,5 khz a little on the qrg
<BR>of the DX-station.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>I there so much difference beetween an OMNI and a PARAGON in filter blow by?
<BR>The filter blow by seemed to be more on the 250 HZ filter
<BR>on the PARAGON.
<BR>
<BR>Did not try the OMNI 6+ filters(2. IF) in the Paragon yet.
<BR>
<BR>Using in both the stock TenTec filters, no INRAD filters.
<BR>
<BR>73 de Harry, DK2GZ</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8a.bfbb8ee.28c3f016_boundary--