[TenTec] Scout Problem with Freq Shift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Problem with Freq Shift
From: k6sdw@arrl.net (Eddy Avila)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 20:23:50 +0000
George, the only problem I've had with my Scout drifting in the car is do to
mechanical vibration but electrically I've found the Scout very stable! I
would recommend calling Ten Tec support and you'll find the techs to be very
helpful and should provide you with some things to check when
troubleshooting this problem! They were very helpful giving me some advice
on minimizing the mechanical drift problem inherent in this rig......

I have heard that if the supply voltage gets too low you will experience
frequency unlock problems which can cause the rig to drift.

Good luck......./ed