[TenTec] OMNI VI into Collins 30L1

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI into Collins 30L1
From: DK2GZ@aol.com (DK2GZ@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:27:16 EDT
--part1_7e.1a37b604.28c53394_boundary

Hello David,

I am using an OMN6+ with an AL80A.

Simpley connect the RCA relay plug with the tX-relay plug
at your 30L.

Be sure to set the internal relay in yout OMNI 6 to operate.

In this configuration I can run fast qsk on the OMNI and
hear through the closed relay of the amp. The signals
are lower but loud enough to hear when someone is calling
during a cq or qrm is coming up.

I use koax cable to key the amp, but only the not shieled
line of the koax, so so problem with any hf on the keying line.

You dont nood the shieled line of the koax for the relay keying, because the
OMNI and
the amp is already grounded with the koax cable from the ant connector running
from the OMNI to the TX-in plug at your amp.

73 de Harry, DK2GZ

--part1_7e.1a37b604.28c53394_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello David,
<BR>
<BR>I am using an OMN6+ with an AL80A.
<BR>
<BR>Simpley connect the RCA relay plug with the tX-relay plug
<BR>at your 30L.
<BR>
<BR>Be sure to set the internal relay in yout OMNI 6 to operate.
<BR>
<BR>In this configuration I can run fast qsk on the OMNI and
<BR>hear through the closed relay of the amp. The signals
<BR>are lower but loud enough to hear when someone is calling
<BR>during a cq or qrm is coming up.
<BR>
<BR>I use koax cable to key the amp, but only the not shieled
<BR>line of the koax, so so problem with any hf on the keying line.
<BR>
<BR>You dont nood the shieled line of the koax for the relay keying, because
the
<BR>OMNI and
<BR>the amp is already grounded with the koax cable from the ant connector
running
<BR>from the OMNI to the TX-in plug at your amp.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>73 de Harry, DK2GZ
<BR>