[TenTec] New Jupiter.. How are the Bands?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Jupiter.. How are the Bands?
From: WmLB@prefer.net (WmLB@prefer.net)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 19:09:33 -0700
I took delivery on my new Jupiter last Friday and
have been able to make very few contacts because my
perception from here in So. CA is that conditions
are BAD and have been for several days.

I would hope that someone would confirm that. If
that's not the case, I have to wonder about the
receiver in my Jupiter. I don't have a reference
point because I sold my FT-990. I do recall the
previous week, there was a lot of QRN associated
with solar activity.

Another question pertains to the internal mic gain
adjustment and my Heil HM-10 with the HC-5
element.. I ended up opening R-72  "all the way"
(full -counter-clockwise) in order to get what I
perceived as "normal" ALC action on voice peaks.
Even at that I need a lot of mic gain to get ALC
reactions similar to what I get with the Ten Tec
701 mic plugged in.

Comments please.

Bill, W6WLB