[TenTec] fuzzy cw

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] fuzzy cw
From: k7kj@home.com (Greg Hodsdon)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:35:05 -0800
> Now if a rig is designed to have a common clock and a microP for each
> function it'd most likely be clean as a crystal rig.  Therefore the RST
> should have a 9 for the T.  Otherwise 598 is in order.
>
> 73
> Bob K4TAX

In more than 3500 QSOs with the Pegasus, the vast majority on CW,
I have yet to receive a report of a 'fuzzy' tone on the signal.
Admittedly, many of these QSOs were contest or DX contacts where
one would not expect a critical signal report. Many also have been
ragchews where a critical report of the tone was solicited. My on-the-air
experience is that whatever 'fuzz' may be present, it's not offensive or
even
noticable to the casual operator.

Maybe TenTec should redesignate the Pegasus/Jupiter model numbers
to 598/598A.  8^ )

Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR

http://members.home.net/k7kj