[TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 238 Tuner problems?
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:14:32 -0500
Yes, I've had the same problem. It is the heating of one of the ceramic caps
located at the back of the HI-Z - BYPASS - LO-Z switch at the lower rear of
the tuner.  Even though it's rated for 1KV or so, it is inadequate for some
phase angles of RF current.  I removed mine, replaced them with a couple of
transmitting mica's.  Problem solved.

73
Bob K4TAX