[TenTec] Removing Computer noise from your receiver (N4PY)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Removing Computer noise from your receiver (N4PY)
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 07:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
My experience has been that with each new computer
and/or monitor I buy the amount of computer noise is
less than the one before. I've been even more
pleasantly surprised that as CPU clock speeds have
crossed through the various VHF/UHF bands the noise
problem didn't appear on those bands at all.

I haven't jumped on the LCD bandwagon yet but every
reference I see to them, people (hams) always comment
about the greatly reduced RF noise.  As far as
specific brands being better than another I've found
that it is somewhat of a crapshoot. That said I would
be more cautious with cheap no name components,
especially monitors, with PC's themselves there seems
to be very little difference from what I can tell.

Duane
N9DG