[TenTec] Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:42:56 -0500
Now that the Jupiter has been around for some time, I would like some
opinions on the operation of it. Everyone says it is a very easy rig to
operate. I played with a Pegasus a little and did not like the way you  had
to do everything with the mouse (no remote knob on this one). I am not a
computer person and dont enjoy playing with them. I have a Corsair II and an
Omni C that I like very much because of the simplicity of operation, and
everything is out there on the front panel to see and is labled, and is
readily switched in or out.  I would not like a radio that has a bunch of
menues to go through every time I wanted to change something.I did like the
recieve audio on the Pegasus so if the Jupiter sounds like that I would like
it. Also how is it at rejecting strong adjacent signals like in a contest
where a guy might be up 3  or so, (CW). Is the filtering adequate to deal
with things like that? Any feedback would be apreciated, 73 Paul k9ot