[TenTec] 2591

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2591
From: kb1ckt@yahoo.com (Shawn Upton)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 05:23:55 -0700 (PDT)
I rebuilt the battery pack, and built a charger (50mA
or so), and got the pack at least half charged
yesterday.  Radio seems to work nicely--one has a
noisy volume control, but that's all.  Recieves and
transmits good.

But--for the life of me I can't figure out how to
program the channels.  Punching in a freq is easy; but
the only button that does anything is the CH
button--the display shows all zeros, and that's it,
until I hit up/down (and the display then goes back to
the freq I just had).  What gives?

One time I did get something like CH 1 on the
display--no idea how I did that, nor did I manage to
do that again.

Also, what is the Hold/Skip (Tone) switch on the top
for?

Thanks.
KB1CKT