[TenTec] Noisy Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Noisy Corsair II
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:19:35 -0500
On my C II, the antenna noise on all bands is far above the receiver
noise threshold (and the front end noise is really low with the circuits
it uses). Maybe your high noise comes from a faulty resistor or op amp.
I do find that a low pass filter on the speaker can improve S/N by
wiping off high frequency audio noise that's beyond the IF filter
bandwidth (and on the side it makes the CW side tone have a better
tone).

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson. Reproduction by
permission only.