[TenTec] Pegasus Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Tuner
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben Kadish K8DIT)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:44:28 -0700
Mark, I'd suspect the antenna. Probably the feedline to the antenna, also
coax, but, here's what I've learned about carolina windoms over the 16
months Ive had mine. The connector to the feedpoint at the bottom of the
vertical section of the windom tends to shake itself undone. You need to
resolder that pl 259 because the braid has lost contact with the connector
and once you do you need to put some acrylic sealer over it to make movement
impossible. Mine's shaken loose twice over the months before I figured it
out. Chances are there's nothing wrong with the antenna because there's
nothing to go wrong with the antenna. So unless you are 100% confident of
your feed line, then check it. Let me know. 73 de ben k8dit