[TenTec] Re: OMNI 5 upgrades

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: OMNI 5 upgrades
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:29:32 -0600
Yes,

There are some. The factory provided me with a free upgrade kit which
eliminated a "swishing" sound in the received audio which occured when
QRN modulated the AGC. This was especially a problem in CW mode, on
lower bands.

Also there was a mod kit which lowered receiver audio hiss--I installed
both at the same time on the kitchen table. They had 'names' but I can't
remember them any longer. The factory should recognize these updates by
description. They are a MUST--performance was greatly improved.

73,    Roy      K6XK/0