[TenTec] Re: Jupiter power

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter power
From: WA2PVK@prodigy.net (WILLIAM F MANSEY)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:30:35 -0500
Hello Bill, and everyone,
    I was curious after reading the observations of Bill, W6WLB, and decided
to check my Jupiter.  I used the Ten-Tec Model 239 dummy load and a Yaesu
YS-60 wattmeter.  I got a MINIMUM output of 100 watts on "10" and slightly
higher readings on each successive band as I went through the selection.
The power on "160" seemed to be about 120 watts.
    I would suggest, to Bill, to try a different dummy load, meter, and/or
cable(s) to ensure that the readings are not being influenced in some
undesirable manner.  It IS possible that there is a problem with the Jupiter
but I would (if it was MY rig) want to be absolutely sure before jumping to
conclusions.
    Just my opinion - for what it is (or is not) worth.  Happy Holidays to
ALL.  73;  Bill.