[TenTec] Pegasus and Logger

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus and Logger
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:35:30 -0500
    I am definately making progress.  I now have Logger and
    Hamscope working with both Ten Tec and N4PY software.  One
    problem remains which I'll get to shortly.

    Carl gave me one of the missing pieces of the puzzle and Rick
    confirmed that my settings in Hamscope were correct.  Thanks
    guys.  In short, here is what it takes to get Hamscope and Logger
    [and probably some other software] working with the Pegasus.  I
    don't suggest that this is the only way to make it work, but this
    does work.

    I won't go into all the details but be aware of a couple things:

    Be sure you have a C:\Pegasus directory.

    If you are using Ten Tec software, load it into that directory.

    Setup Hamscope as Rick described and set up Logger in a similar
    fashion.  In the case of Logger, select "Pegasus [Ten Tec]" as
    the radio type regardless of whether you are using Ten Tec or
    N4PY software.

    If you are using N4PY software, set "Transfer Folder=C:\Pegasus"
    and "Ten-Tec File Interface=1" in the config file.      DO NOT
    set Remote Control=1.   This is where I went wrong.   I use
    remote control files to preset my Peg in some cases as it provides
    more control over various parameters than does the standard
    memory feature.   Soooo......................, I need to figure a way
    around this.

    Anyway, I now have a working interface and will keep you
    posted if I learn anything additional that might be useful.

    -73-

    -Lee-