[TenTec] Omni VI +

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI +
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 15:06:14 -0500
Paul,

That is a tough question to answer. Like asking about a Cadillac vs. a
Chevy. They will both get you there. The Jupiter is a $1000 radio and
the Omni VI is a $2000+ radio, so they obviously can't be equal. FWIW, I
have had the Omni since the mid 90's and also use it for CW, contesting
and DXing. Had it factory upgraded to the VI+ and have not found a radio
I would rather own/operate.

Generally speaking, like with any tool, get the best you can afford. It
will pay off in the long run. Otherwise, the Jupiter is a fine radio
(never used a Corsair).

Good luck with your decision...

73/Carter/K8VT