[TenTec] Pegsus and 962 PS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegsus and 962 PS
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:41:20 -1000
Exciting afternoon here.

The Fed Ex man delivered my new Pegasus 550 transceiver.

However,  I cannot now use it?!  When I ordered it,  I told
Scott,  on the phone,  that I was going to use my 962
PS with it.  No problem.  Well,  now the Peg is here,  and
guess what?  The input power connector on the Pegasus
is two pin,  and the 962 has a 4 pin plug!!  So,  Ten Tec
sells a nice 4 to 2 adapter for only $5;  not a big deal.

But no one said anything about it when I ordered,  and,
believe me,  there is nothing on the Ten Tec web site
in the Pegasus section which alerts you to this fact,
and potential problem.  So,  I can either butcher up
the cable on my 962,  and install the two pin plug
"kit" which came with the Peg  (which my lousy
vision will not be able to do anyway) or order the
$5 adapter.

Which I just did,   via the TT on-line web store.
Of course,  I am 5000+ miles away from Ten Tec,
so to get this adapter out here fast,  use Next day
air (which turns our to be at least 2 days to Kauai,
a so called "outer Island".  Either that,  or wait, who
knows how long for Priority Mail -- which has turned
out to be the slowest service that USPS is now
giving.  I had a Priority Letter mailed to me,  with
a tracking number,  back on Dec. 18th;  it has still
not been delivered here 16 days after mailing in
Utah!!?  Fed Ex is making timely deliveries,  so
that means this adapter will cost me around
$30 by the time it is here.

Guess you can tell I am a bit upset by this incident.
And everyone makes "errors",  so I forgive Scott,
or whoever,  just my fault for not going into greater
detail,  I guess..... Sure wish there was an ALERT
about this on the Pegasus section of the TT web
site.

73,  Jim  KH7M