[TenTec] Hi SWR!?!?!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hi SWR!?!?!
From: bigmack@usa.net (Robert)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 00:40:48 -0600
My usually rock solid Omni VI+ is doing an auto shutoff when I put any
power above about 50 watts into the Cantenna dummy load, and into the
Thunderbird. I don't understand what is happening, I pulled all the coax,
ran a short (5') piece of RG8 from the VI+ directly to the dummyload, and
it still popped the shutoff.. I put the digital SWR meter back inline and
gave it juice again, and, the swr meter show a peak of about 1.46:1 (high
in my book) but I cant seem to get any output power without the power
supply shutting down.. Anybody seen anything like this before?  I am going
to measure SWR on the tuner to see if I see anything strange, but, it is
completely out of the loop right now...

Robert McAdams
KA5PPX - General Class
Ten Tec Omni VI+  &  Drake R8B