Fw: [TenTec] INRAD 2100hz Filter in Omni VI Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] INRAD 2100hz Filter in Omni VI Plus
From: DAVEK2DP@aol.com (DAVEK2DP@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:12:17 EST
Dave and Brian,

When you talk about wanting to take the "edge" off of the ssb signals on
receive on the OMNI 6+, I am presuming that you want to knock off some of the
high frequency noise. I would suggest that you go with the INRAD 2.8 khz
filter in the 6 mhz IF and the 2.4 khz filter in the 9 mhz IF slot. Then
install the "audio mod" that INRAD sells for the OMNI 6. You will find that
you will then get full use of the passband tuning allowing you to set it at
the 2 or 3 o'clock position on USB, knocking off the "high frequency" edge on
the audio that is so annoying. Likewise, on LSB, you will find it comfortable
to set the passband at the 10 o'clock position.

Using Collins receivers as my standard of comparison, along with Icom 775,
etc, this set up of the INRAD filters and audio mod make the OMNI 6 receiver
much more pleasant to listen to, compared to the stock OMNI.

Hope this provides some guidance.

73,
Dave, K2DP, St. Louis