[TenTec] Ulrich Rohde, et al

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ulrich Rohde, et al
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:03:02 -0500
I wish Ulrich Rohde, KA2WEU, or David Newkirk, WJ1Z, were subscribers to
this reflector, since many of the discussions here deal with serious, and
often conflicting, receiver design issues. Rohde, in particular, appears to
have written the book on ham radio receiver designs (and compromises). To
my mind, both Elecraft and Ten-Tec occupy the high ground in this area and
their products deserve close, continuing analysis because of their
products' high level of performance.

Is there another reflector that has subscribers such as Rohde and Newkirk
talking about receiver design issues generally, a la the ARRL Handbook's
chapters? If so, I'd like to know what it is.

73,
John, W3ULS