[TenTec] Deaf 526?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Deaf 526?
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:12:34 -0500
I've been playing with my new 526 and it seems to be deaf on 2m.  Gramted, I
don't have a fantastic antenna, but repeaters 30 miles away that are  20
over 9 (i.e. full scale) on my Kenwood 7930 are only reading S5 on the 526
using the same antenna. The local repeator (5 miles) only manages S7 (it's
also full scale on the 7930).  The received audio quality confirms that it's
not just the S-meter. I have verified that the RF attenuator is off on the
526.

I have yet to hear any signals (save noise and birdies) on 6m, though that
could be propagation.

Mark