[TenTec] ** Jupiter firmware revision 1.14 **

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ** Jupiter firmware revision 1.14 **
From: duffyb01@fuse.net (nospam) (J. Duffy Beischel)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 18:04:03 -0500
I also have the LDG external tuner and would love it if the new version reduces
the
power with the external tuner.  Maybe all you have to do is tell the Jupiter
that you have
an external tuner and it will reduce power even if you have the external LDG.
Can
anyone try this that has already updated the firmware to 1.14?

Thanks,

Duffy

2/6/02 1:21:05 PM, "Bill Ames" <bames@aob.com> wrote:

>Here is how it works. My question is, since I use the external version of
>this tuner will it still give me the reduced output in the tune position?

=======
>=====
>
>Operating the Jupiter Transceiver with built-in tuner
>
>The optional internal tuner for the Jupiter is controlled through use of the
>front panel [TUNE] button. In addition, the tuner may be disabled/enabled
>via the USER MENU.
>
>To Activate the Tune
>
>       Tune the radio to the desired frequency.
>
>       Press the [TUNE] button
>
>       The radio will key in CW mode at approximately 20 watts output.
>
>       When the minimum SWR has been achieved the tuning process will stop.
>       And the transceiver will return to receive mode.
>
>       The Letter 'T' will appear at the far right of the main frequency
> display
>indicating     that the tuner is ready.
>
>To Bypass the Tuner
>
>The [TUNE] Button will toggle between TUNER ON and TUNER OFF.
>
>The tuner is disabled and bypassed when the 'T' is NOT displayed.
>
>To Disable the Tuner
>
>       The Tuner may be disabled by setting AUTO TUNER to OFF in the User
Menu.