[TenTec] 756PRO/OMNI's - noise level and comfort

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 756PRO/OMNI's - noise level and comfort
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:22:28 -0600
Tim, as long as you listen to the PRO receiver with either phones or
speaker through the crappy internal analog audio system you will not be
getting anywhere near the sound that radio is capable of producing. I have
heard that the PRO II redid the audio output section completely - hope so,
because it needed it!

I suspect that is the source of most of the audio fatigue you are
experiencing.

Any sort of small amp into a 8" speaker or larger in a decent sized
enclosure will show you the difference.

My PRO is far quieter than the analog, non-DSP, crystal filter IC-765, but
that is because of how I handle the output audio, as we have discussed
privately in detail.

72/73/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002