[TenTec] Holding on to an OMNI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Holding on to an OMNI
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:00:23 -0500
I agree with Tim Logan about the value of the OMNI's. Mine has its quirks,
but it still is a top gun CW rig. In fact, last year I had cash in hand to
sell it after I acquired a Japan Radio JST-245 (which beats the OMNI hands
down on SSB) but when the time came to ship off the OMNI, I just couldn't
bring myself to part with such a hot CW rig. I returned the money to the
would-be purchaser. I had some explaining to do to my wife about that.

        Now I have acquired a used Yaesu 1000MP Mark V which is due to arrive
on
Monday. There will be a two-three month face-off between the Mark V and the
OMNI. One will have to go. I would not place any bets on the outcome at
this point (do I really need dual receivers?).

73,
John, W3ULS